Thursday, December 24, 2009

GNR




I dunno the GNR of the present day but I am incredibly hooked to the Guns N' Roses band as it was with the line up of Axl, Slash and Duff..
Of course the same line up with Izzy and Soren and Adler produced some of my personal favourites. The solos of slash with Izzy and Duff, the energetic drumming by Soren/Adler and without doubt the voice of Rose were/are/will be always a photographic memory for me.
Its simply too bad that these guys didn't remain together to create many more great albums.
GNR then was without doubt the best hard rock band, the originality of the music and the video imagery are simply a product of genuises.
I wish I were born a decade earlier in some place where I would have had the honour of watching this amazing band's live performances. The controversies either with their drug habits or in their personal lives or on stage abuses, created such an aura around them that no one could ignore them. Even without all that they stood supreme simply for the quality of music.

No comments: