Thursday, December 24, 2009

Echoes

This particularly trippy song from the album Meddle by Pink Floyd, has been my favorite for sometime now. I have never been great at interpreting the meaning behind Floyd songs, and I will refrain from doing so here. I have always believed that everything can be interpreted in many different ways . You see a piece of art , say an abstract painting,  each one will see it in his own light, a fitting description he draws by putting together all his mortal memories. I have felt the same about music.You may not agree to what I have to say here, nevertheless its true.

Something about its music shatters my heart, like as if I am all alone where air, fluid like water swirls around me in constant turbulence choking me and yet bringing that strange delight which only a person desperately seeking his last breathe will know. 

Sometimes I listen to this song  I recollect this one time when some guy who was sitting nearby was crooning its lyrics all lost in it, unaware that I was lending my ear to his sojourn whisperings and felt the strange sensation of the two strangers Floyd mentions.

There are numerous emotions to this song.. the brilliant solos.. the cry of the albatross.. simply divine.. I just can't fathom the inspiration behind all the Floyd songs.. so unnaturally alien so unnaturally unearthly like they must stubbornly fit into the half dreamy world.

No comments: