Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Jack White


Jack Anthony Gillis aka Jack White the lead vocalist and Guitarist of the bands White Stripes, Dead Weather and The Raconteurs I declare thee One of the greatest Guitarist the world has seen.

Anybody who has listened to '7 nations army' and 'Shades of Black' cannot but agree with my proclamation.

for those who haven't!

Just with so much hints of secrecy and notoriety and all that general air of unkempt and paleness has won him a huge fan surrounding, and in my opinion he would have them anyway!

His controversial relationship with Meg White, declaring themselves to be siblings even when the marriage and divorce papers were unearthed, passing affair with Renee.. adds in and you wonder who this guy is? Everything apart I believe as he  once told the press people who are always so eager to dish the dirt "It's the same thing as asking Michelangelo, 'What kind of shoes do you wear?'...In the end, it doesn't really matter ... the only thing that's going to be left is our records and photos." So, why not be truthful you say? Hmm, I say funny twisty lies are better sometimes..


The very first song I heard together with the visuals was '7 nations army' and the 2 man army totally blew me off.. they just made a great piece of rock song with simply a light drum set and a electric guitar! And ever since that I kept looking out for the White Stripes videos, which were quite eccentric to say the least. The videos were ingenious, sort of fresh and innocent. Meg White's silence and the way she drummed like a kid really and his exuberance and really guitaring balanced things so perfectly. There was really something unbelievably intelligent and cute about them.


And then I hit the raconteurs! Here finally he was able to blast forth completely.. As I heard 'Shades of black' I was a thorough Jack White fan.


His voice adds in to the tremors left by his guitar.. Totally unique and the lyrics.. they are again something, leaves you puzzled. Just check out the song ' Salute your solution' and you will know what I mean.