Monday, January 4, 2010

Jim Morrison


After years of drooling over Morrison's perfect face I have finally come out of the hypnotic fan's sleep. I must admit, albeit grudgingly that, Jim isn that great a poet. The lyrics averages on being great to downright silly. And after whew!(uf!) all these self-flogging, I must say and with conviction that he still is a poet, maybe not in the lines of Robert Plant, Roger Waters or Dylan, he has his own genre.

His poetry is simple and childish and sometimes giving you a punch where you least expected, just the right for his great sonorous voice (Oooo..) and giving lot of space for the music of Robbie, Ray and Densmore. For all those who think otherwise well, suit yourselves (I wanted to use a more solid profanity here.. but well to each one his own). If you think Doors got famous only coz of the music well, bite this, why did the band licked floors after his death? Even after all the stunts and rescue mission carried out by the remaining band members? I don't mean any offence to Ray Menzerek or Robbie coz they are my favorite too, I just mean that it was mainly Jim's theatrics, his absolute Greek of a face his musical hypnotic voice, the controversies he spun, his beliefs, his life style in short coz of Jim Morrison that The Doors shot to fame and is still in the racks and above all worshiped by millions till date.

No comments: